I know that many of you are very concerned about this outbreak and I would like to assure you that I am doing everything that I can to ensure that the UK Government response is appropriate, and that our vital public services are fully supported during this difficult period.
If you have any questions regarding Coronavirus, please use the following links:
- Symptoms - https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- Public Health England – What you need to know - https://publichealthmatters.blog.gov.uk/2020/01/23/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-what-you-need-to-know/
- Stay at home guidance - https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/stay-at-home-guidance-for-people-with-confirmed-or-possible-coronavirus-covid-19-infection
- Government response - https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response
- Guidance for employers and businesses - https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19
If you believe you have the recognised symptoms ( a particularly a high temperature or a new continuous cough) then please use the NHS 111 online symptom checker: https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19
DO NOT VISIT YOUR GP
You should call NHS 111 in the following circumstances:
- you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- your condition gets worse
- your symptoms do not get better after 7 days
UK Nationals Abroad -
If you are a UK National abroad and you need help from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, you can call (+44) 207 008 1500 for assistance and advice - or the embassy in that country.
- Newton Abbot Covid-19 Mutual Aid - https://www.facebook.com/groups/685230682286081
- Teignmouth Covid-19 Mutal Aid - https://www.facebook.com/groups/206563777360701
If you are ill or self-isolating, unable to get out and need food/meals:
In addition to known local takeaways, some local businesses are now offering delivery or collection services. These arrangements may change at short notice. They will tell you how to pay. These are only some of the local businesses - share details of others you know about with friends or family.
- Ugly Duckling – delivery of carvery/takeaway service - 01626 437343
- Home Kitchen – gluten free – local delivery/collection - 01626 895192
- Jack Sprats 11-2pm daily and Friday and Saturday evenings 5-8pm with home delivery on these evenings within the Dawlish area. 01626 865556
- No1 Café – takeaway – delivery town area 01626 895427
- Geralds – free delivery to elderly and in need 01626 862090
- Poppadums Health Food – free deliveries – 01626 863128
- Ryder’s Bakery – free delivery service – 01626 889395
- Powderham Farm shop – delivery – 01626 891883
- Jens Sweet Shop - Free delivery of all sweets, chocolates etc. 01626 259239
- Methodist Church Wednesday and Sunday – takeaway meals/home delivery – 07770 882 047
- All Styles N Smiles – hairdressers – home visits possible – 01626 888878
Need help with getting things delivered:
- Kemps Cabs 01626 888111
If you need transport and are unable to use public transport:
- Call Dawlish Community Transport 01626 888890
If you are self-isolating and want to chat to someone:
- Assist Teignbridge (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm) – 01626 888321
- Open Daw - Weekdays 10am until 12 noon - 07515 882 946
- Roots Community Enhancement – 07931 225 680
Churches: Mark Jones, Dawlish Christian Fellowship and ROC Dawlish: 0772 9998 334 Father Mark, Roman Catholic: St. Agatha's 01626 774640, Church of England: 01626 867386
If you are in crisis and genuine financial need for food: ROC Dawlish in conjunction with HITS are operating a temporary foodbank ring 0772 9998 334. Deliveries will be arranged without any personal contact.
If you are ill or self-isolating and need small emergency food supplies (milk, bread, soup) with no other friends or family or neighbours able to help you or there are no other options for a delivery service then call: 01626 867386 or 07584 052 306. A volunteer may be able to do a doorstep delivery.
Want to donate funds to help those in need? Visit www.helpingdawlish.co.uk for online options or ring Dawlish Town Council on: 01626 863388 (10am to 1pm Mon-Fri) who can take payments over the phone.
Covid-19 Mutual Aid Group
If you need help, or know someone who does, here are the coordinators' numbers in the Teignmouth Covid-19 Mutual Aid Group who will call one of the 70 volunteers across Teignmouth near you. Pass this on in any way you can to those who need help.
Jackie Jackson: 07917 428680
Malcolm Tipper 07757 012814
Roger Jackson 07933 252337
The Alice Cross Centre
The Alice Cross Centre is leading the charge in Teignmouth in the local fight against coronavirus. If you need help and support, need a chat, or wish to volunteer your time to help others, please contact the Alice Cross Centre on the following numbers: 01626 626626 / 01626 778039
Homeless in Teignbridge Support (Foodbank)
If you are suffering a crisis and genuine financial need for food, those in receipt of a letter from the NHS (1.5 million vulnerable grouping) can contact HITS for support on the following number: 01626 906371 (out of hours this will divert to a mobile)
Boots in Teignmouth is offering delivery of prescriptions. One-off charge of £5 for one prescription or you can sign-up for a year for delivery of one prescription per week for a household cost £55. Money to be paid over the phone: 01626 772277
Local Shops that are open
Kingscare League of Friends
Volunteer support charity.
Shops offering delivery:
- Bakers the Butchers - 01626 331602
- Ashfords Fruit and Veg - 01626 333243 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stoneman's Delicatessen - 01626 337480, email@example.com
- Highweek Village Inn – 01626 356490
- Ullacombe Farm - 01364 661341, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Newton Abbot Covid-19 Mutual Aid - Food parcels (please note this is only for those who are most vulnerable and cannot get out). Call 07954 054459 or 01636 682369 to order by 6pm each Monday for delivery on Wednesday.
ACROSS THE CONSTITUENCY:
- RD Johns Foodservice - Home food deliveries throughout the South West - www.rdjohns.co.uk, 01626 368800, email@example.com
- Darts Farm - Food box deliveries - firstname.lastname@example.org, 01392 878242
- Mindful Chef - National recipe ingredient delivery service welcoming new customers https://www.mindfulchef.com/