My Pledge In 2017:
- Working with local councils to deliver better transport, parking and recreational facilities
- Further investment in our coastal railway and new road schemes
- Working with the Peninsula Rail Task Force to make sure the 20 year plan is implemented
What I Have Delivered So Far:
- The Government has committed £10 million to prepare the railway for future resilience work.
- The Peninsula Rail Task Force have produced their 20 year plan that the Government is currently looking at in preparation for Control Period 6.
- The South Devon Highway has been opened and has significantly reduced the burden on Kingskerswell, allowing traffic to run more smoothly between Torquay and Newton Abbot.
- The Drumbridges Road scheme was completed in December 2015 easing traffic congestion.
- A geotechnical report has been commissioned to explore sustainability issues affecting the Dawlish sea wall, the Teignmouth cliffs and related issues. It will report in April 2016.
- The investment needed for the Peninsula Rail Task Force to complete its report on a rail strategy for the next 20 years has now been committed by GWR
- Flood defence schemes are currently being delivered in Teigngrace, Cockwood, Newton Abbot, Dawlish Warren, Starcross and Combeinteignhead.
- Further development work is planned to start this summer at the Point Car Park, Teignmouth.
- Fish Quay’s development in Teignmouth is nearing completion
- Development of the pavilion in Teignmouth on the site of the Charlton Theatre has been completed