- Cut red tape and get a fundamental overhaul of business rates to make them affordable and fair
- Champion all businesses as we face the wide ranging opportunities and the inevitable challenges of Brexit
What I Have Delivered So Far:
- Successfully lobbied the Government to introduce the employer allowance, reducing National Insurance by £3,000 pa for small businesses
- Successfully lobbied for the removal of Class two contributions
- The government has committed to allowing local government to keep the rates that they collect from businesses. This will allow them to cut rates and boost growth in our local areas.
- The government is currently consulting on reform to business rates to make them fairer and more transparent
- The government has improved the business rate appeal process in the Enterprise Bill
- The government has increased the burden of scrutiny on regulation by extending the obligation to regulators, not just government legislation
- The government is introducing a Small Business commissioner to assist small businesses recovering sums due from business customers to address the late payment problem
- The government is reviewing the taxation of small businesses to see if it can be simplified.
- Continued to lobby in the House of Commons for a VAT reduction to help support tourism.